Dear Collaborators / Colleagues / Friends & Follower
Myself Dr. Manas Sarkar, PhD from India. I've started this new blog in Malaria World. I'm a scientist & technologist trained in molecular & medical entomology, vector biology, ento-epidemiology, insecticide resistance & mode of action. I was the Dy. Asstt. Director of National Centre for Disease Control in India. Now, I took over the charge of General Manager (Technology) of EntoGenex Industries and also heading the operation in India.
My brief credentials are as follows:
• Total Publications: > 25
• Invited national & international talk: 6
• PhD thesis examiner: Gauhati University & Dibrugarh University, India
• Expert of Insecticide Resistance working group in Vector Science Forum of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Dept. of Health Research (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare), Government of India
• Biography cited in Marquis Who's Who in the World (2011)
• International Travel Grant (2008) by Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
• Advisory Board Member: WebmedCentral, UK
• Specialty Editor (Bio): WebmedCentral Plus (UK)
• Associate Editor: Journal of Entomology and Nematology, Kenya
• Editorial Board Member: Journal of Biopesticide, India & Journal of Biofertilizers and Biopesticides, USA
• Lead Faculty (Bio): WebmedCentral, UK
• Guest Editor: South Asian Journal of Experimental Biology, India
• Reviewer/Referee: Bulletin of the World Health Organization, Theoretical Biology and Medical Modeling, Pest Management Science, Crop Science, WebmedCentral, J of Vector Borne Diseases, Chronicle of Young Scientists, Int Res J of Biotech, African J of Biotech etc. etc.
• PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP 1) National Academy of Vector Borne Diseases, India (Life member) 2) Zoological Society of Assam, India (Life member) 3) Indian Science Congress Association, India (Member) 4) Entomological Society of India (Member) 5) International Society of Zoological Science, China (Member) 6) International Society for Infectious Diseases, USA (Long-term corresponding Member) 7) The International Society of Integrative Biology, USA (Online Member)
Area of expertise & core competences: Medical & molecular entomology (especially mosquito biology & mosquito borne diseases), insilico biology, molecular evolution of insecticide resistance, biochemical & molecular mechanisms of insecticide resistance, molecular mechanisms of vector-pathogen interaction, vector biology & control strategies, ento-epidemiology of vector-borne diseases, bio-pesticides, alternative vector control measures, Malaria, Dengue, disease outbreak investigations, identification of new insecticide molecules, evaluation of new insecticide molecules & formulations as per WHOPES and other regulatory guidelines, management of projects, trials, and business operations.