After a 3-year study of trends and future projects, WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group on Malaria Eradication has released a detailed report of its key findings and recommendations. The report builds on an executive summary published in August 2019. Members of the advisory group highlight 6 areas in the report that would underpin a successful malaria eradication effort:
1. reinforcing the Global technical strategy for malaria 2016-2030;
2. research & development for new tools;
3. access to affordable, high quality, people-centered health care and services;
4. adequate and sustained financing;
5. strengthened surveillance and response; and
6. engaging communities.