Cambodia is moving towards eliminating malaria. According to the WHO World Malaria Report, less than 100 deaths were attributable to malaria in 2012 (World Malaria Report 2013).
MESA Alliance's blog
- A global elimination plan, supported by international health bodies.
- Thorough costings and tools to support the business case.
- An approach that is positioned within a development framework.
- Core elimination advocacy messages.
- Provision of advocacy tools for partners.
- Extensive and effective community engagement.
- Strong partnerships
New operational research projects in malaria elimination will start this April, after being selected for funding through MESA. The MESA operational research portfolio includes: proof-of-concept of novel vector control and diagnostic tools, use of mapping technologies for surveillance and tailored response, and mobile phone applications for hard to reach populations. Urban, rural and forest settings are addressed. The projects are summarised here.
'The science of malaria eradication' Keystone Symposium
Thursday Feb 6th