- A global elimination plan, supported by international health bodies.
- Thorough costings and tools to support the business case.
- An approach that is positioned within a development framework.
- Core elimination advocacy messages.
- Provision of advocacy tools for partners.
- Extensive and effective community engagement.
- Strong partnerships
MESA Alliance's blog
New operational research projects in malaria elimination will start this April, after being selected for funding through MESA. The MESA operational research portfolio includes: proof-of-concept of novel vector control and diagnostic tools, use of mapping technologies for surveillance and tailored response, and mobile phone applications for hard to reach populations. Urban, rural and forest settings are addressed. The projects are summarised here.
'The science of malaria eradication' Keystone Symposium
Thursday Feb 6th
'The science of malaria eradication' Keystone Symposia
Wednesday Feb 5th
The third day at the Keystone Symposium on The Science of Malaria Eradication was an action packed day of exciting discussions on vaccines and tools to measure transmission, with an interlude to the Mayan ruins of Mayapan, where the malaria community rhetorically climbed the 'Mayan pyramids' of eradication.