MESA Alliance's blog
The Second Global Malaria Action Plan (GMAP2) will cover the timeframe 2016-2025.
You are strongly encouraged to have a look and contribute by sharing your vision for a malaria-free world.
Clinical trials are not suitable to identify rare, potentially serious adverse effects of drugs, or to define their safety in high risk populations.
Artemisinin-based combination therapies (or ACTs) are considered safe, but there are concerns over their potential to cause damage to parts of the brain. There is also a concern about their safety in patients infected with HIV.
Cambodia is moving towards eliminating malaria. According to the WHO World Malaria Report, less than 100 deaths were attributable to malaria in 2012 (World Malaria Report 2013).
- A global elimination plan, supported by international health bodies.
- Thorough costings and tools to support the business case.
- An approach that is positioned within a development framework.
- Core elimination advocacy messages.
- Provision of advocacy tools for partners.
- Extensive and effective community engagement.
- Strong partnerships