The Malaria Eradication Scientific Alliance (MESA) is seeking three volunteer MESA Correspondents to report from the Pan-African Mosquito Control Association (PAMCA) annual conference in Yaounde, Cameroon, 23-25 September 2019.
The MESA Correspondent volunteers report on the latest in malaria research from conferences around the world. The synopses are shared online, enabling people who could not attend the meeting to read about the latest advances. Readers can also receive the reports in their inbox by subscribing to the MESA newsletter. The MESA Correspondents Programme is a collaboration between MESA and the conference organizers.
Previous examples include:
- MIM 2018
- International Conference on Plasmodium vivax Research 2019
- Malaria Vaccines for the World 2019
MESA is currently seeking MESA Correspondents to report from the PAMCA annual meeting. The application consists of:
- Motivation statement (100-word limit), indicating which areas of entomology, vector control and vector-borne diseases you have knowledge of
- Synopsis of one of these videos (200-word limit):
- Investigating the magnitude and drivers of residual malaria transmission in Zanzibar, speaker: Khamis Haji, Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program, Tanzania
- Vector control strategies in an elimination context: The example of Suriname, speaker: Helene Hiwat-Van Laar, National Malaria Control Program in Suriname
- Protective efficacy of a spatial repellent against malaria infections in children: recent evidence from a clinical trial in Indonesia, speaker: Din Syafruddin, Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Indonesia
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2nd 2019. Three MESA Correspondents will be chosen by the MESA team based on the quality of the applications. Selected MESA Correspondents will be helped to defray conference costs. Only the applicants who are chosen will be notified. Thanks for your interest!