Malaria Journal publishes an Open Access timely review of 'what works' in elimination advocacy. The authors identify 7 key advocacy elements for disease elimination:
- A global elimination plan, supported by international health bodies.
- Thorough costings and tools to support the business case.
- An approach that is positioned within a development framework.
- Core elimination advocacy messages.
- Provision of advocacy tools for partners.
- Extensive and effective community engagement.
- Strong partnerships
Authors conclude that “Elimination advocacy will need to adapt to new technologies and research findings, emerging successes and challenges, changes in the socio-political landscape of eliminating countries, and changes in global health financing.”