The Pan African Mosquito Control Association (PAMCA) is proud to announce a 3-day short training course on Gene Drive to be held at Elephant Hills Resort Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, from 21st – 23rd September 2018.
This short training course is designed to provide the basic technical understanding of gene drive and will also cover public acceptance, regulatory framework and ecological perspective.
Course Target Group – Who Can Apply?
- This short course on gene drive is open to graduate students, researchers in biology, medicine, social science, policy makers and health professionals with interest in genetics and biotechnology.
- The selection process will take into account the interest expressed by the candidates in gene drive and the short and long terms benefits they might gain from this training.
- It is desirable, to have candidates from a diverse background across Africa.
- The course will be conducted in English with simultaneous interpretation in French. Material will be available in both languages.
In order to be considered, applicants must complete the following points:
- Complete the Main Application form online
- Upload a Current Version of their Curriculum Vitae as part of their online application
- Upload a Letter of Motivation (1-2 pages) that explains their interest in the course and how do they intend to use this knowledge in the future;
- Upload a Letter of Recommendation as part of their online application
- Upload a Letter of Endorsement from a person of authority at their organization (desirable but not mandatory)
- All applicants will be informed of the result of the selection process no later than 30th July 2018. Invitation letters will be sent out immediately in order to allow time for visa processing and other travel arrangements.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their referees submit references direct to PAMCA email; email@example.com by the closing date - Friday, 13th July 2018. Please mark the subject line – Gene drive reference.