The Malaria Eradication Scientific Alliance (MESA) is seeking three volunteers as MESA Correspondents to report from the EMBL Conference "Biology and Pathology of the Malaria Parasite" in Heidelberg, Germany, May 18 - 20, 2020.
The MESA Correspondent volunteers report on the latest in malaria research from conferences around the world. The synopses are shared online, enabling people who could not attend the meeting to read about the latest advances. Readers can also receive the reports in their inbox by subscribing to the MESA newsletter. The MESA Correspondents Programme is a collaboration between MESA and the conference organizers.
Previous examples include:
- Keystone Symposia "The Malaria Endgame" 2019
- PAMCA 2019
- International Conference on Plasmodium vivax Research 2019
- Malaria Vaccines for the World 2019
- MIM 2018
MESA is currently seeking MESA Correspondents to report from the EMBL Conference "Biology and Pathology of the Malaria Parasite".
The application consists of:
- Motivation statement (100-word limit) indicating which areas of malaria you have knowledge of.
- Synopsis of one of these videos (200-word limit)
- Investigating the magnitude and drivers of residual malaria transmission in Zanzibar, speaker: Khamis Haji, Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program, Tanzania link
- Protective efficacy of a spatial repellent against malaria infections in children: recent evidence from a clinical trial in Indonesia, speaker: Din Syafruddin, Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Indonesia, link
- Tracking the local and regional spread of Plasmodium falciparum in low transmission settings of Africa, link
- Reactive case detection with targeted mass drug administration: Interrupting malaria transmission and achieving elimination beyond intervention areas in northwestern Peru, link
Researchers or students from malaria-endemic areas are highly encouraged to apply and their applications will be prioritized over applications from non-malaria endemic countries. Please send applications to email@example.com asap and no later than February 7th, 2020. MESA Correspondents will be chosen by the MESA team based on the quality of the applications. Selected MESA Correspondents will be helped to defray the costs of travel, meeting registration, and accommodation, but not meals, not taxis and does not offer a per diem.
Only the applicants who are chosen will be notified. Thanks for your interest!