The Malaria Policy Advisory Committee to the World Health Organization held its fourth meeting in Geneva, Switzerland from 11 to 13 September, 2013. This article provides a summary of the discussions, conclusions and recommendations from that meeting. MESA is partnering with Global Malaria Programme to disseminate the report.
Meeting sessions included:
- recommendations for achieving universal coverage of long-lasting insecticide-treated nets
- guidance on estimating the longevity of insecticide-treated nets
- improving capacity in entomology and vector control
- a review of the latest evidence on intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy
- updates on the development of the global technical strategy for malaria control and elimination (2016–2025) and the global strategy for control and elimination of Plasmodium vivax
- and much more."
Please read the meeting report Malaria Policy Advisory Committee to the WHO: conclusions and recommendations of September 2013 meeting here.