Company: Population Services International
Location: Washington, USA
Malaria and Child Survival Department (MCSD). The mission of the MCSD is to provide PSI’s country programs with relevant and timely support to improve child health. The position will lead PSI’s efforts to expand health impact through launching and scaling up programs in nutrition and broader areas of child health. The full-time position is based at PSI HQ in Washington D.C. with 30% travel and reports to the Director, Malaria and Child Survival.
This position leads the development and execution of PSI’s nutrition strategy including program design, fundraising, capacity building, external representation and internal technical assistance to PSI’s country programs. Duties include:
- Refine and promote PSI’s nutrition strategy and support the delivery of the department’s broader child health strategy.
- Act as nutrition technical focal point responsible for increasing health impact of PSI programs, measured through DALYs averted, programs launched and funds raised.
- Raise nutrition program funding through proposal development and identification of funding and partnership opportunities.
- Provide support to PSI programs to ensure rigorous program design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide in-country technical assistance to design, launch and scale up nutrition programs and related child health programs.
- Develop and disseminate tools, resources and case studies on nutrition to facilitate launch and scale up of programs internally and promote lesson learning externally.
- Represent PSI at key nutrition and child health fora including conferences and the Scaling Up Nutrition initiative.
- Maintain and expand partnerships in nutrition at the global level with policy, funding and implementing partners;
- Build internal nutrition technical capacity in PSI and manage knowledge in these health areas through multiple media.
- MD, PhD or relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, MSc)
- At least 5 years professional experience with at least 3 years in developing countries
- Understanding of international nutrition and child health policy and context
- Established reputation in the field of nutrition and child health programming
- Ability to train and build capacity in regional and country-level staff
- Fundraising experience with international donors, corporations and foundations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and French is preferred
The incumbent will have excellent technical knowledge of, and working experience in, nutrition and child health. S/he will have strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure; and a passion for achieving results.
- Level 6
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position.