We are seeking a Stakeholder Engagement Manager to lead the global level engagement activities for the Target Malaria project.
Stakeholder Engagement is one of the 3 foundational pillars of Target Malaria, and this position will be responsible for delivering the strategic vision for stakeholder engagement, directing stakeholder engagement at the global level, as well as potentially a degree of representation of the project with external stakeholders.
Overseeing a global team supporting the African engagement both in country and at pan-African level, you will develop and manage the stakeholder engagement model of Target Malaria throughout its different development phases and ensure that this model is appropriate and acceptable as the project evolves.
You will work closely with the Communication Manager, the Senior Project Manager, and the Regulatory Affairs Lead, as part of the senior leadership team of the project, and report directly to Professor Austin Burt, Principal Investigator for Target Malaria.
A deep commitment to the mission of developing and sharing new, cost-effective and sustainable genetic technologies to modify mosquitoes and reduce malaria transmission is required.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will build and lead the global team of stakeholder engagement responsible for three sub-functions:
- The policy function responsible for global engagement with policy makers and other important global stakeholders (malaria sector, civil society, etc.).
- The support function for in-country engagement, responsible for the strategic support to the 4 African partner institutions on stakeholder engagement and ensuring consistency between countries.
- The pan-African engagement function, responsible for pan-African engagement with policy and decision makers as well as key stakeholders (malaria sector, health sector, civil society, etc.).
As such, you will be responsible for the oversight of the overall stakeholder engagement activities at all levels (global, pan-African, support to African countries). You will be tasked with ensuring alignment between the different levels, overall strategy, internal policy, and is part of the senior leadership team.
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- Extensive experience and expertise in working with global project/institutions around complex interventions in developing countries
- Extensive experience of management of remote teams
- Proven experience in designing and implementing stakeholder engagement programmes
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a positive and supportive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a team, with colleagues, external consultants, and multiple stakeholders within complex management matrices in different geographical locations
- Proven cross-cultural awareness skills in a global context, including in an African context
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas in particular in Europe and Africa
Salary is internationally competitive.
This post is fixed term to 31 March 2022.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Dr Karen E Logan, Snr Project Manager and Network Coordinator, email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for the post more details can be found on Imperial College London’s website at this URL including how to apply:
Closing date for applictations 6 January 2020.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this postion!