Target Malaria is seeking to recruit a Project Manager – Stakeholder Engagement and Communications to work directly with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and with teams within and outside the UK to ensure successful delivery of the associated milestones agreed with the funders.
This position has been created in recognition of the expansion of work in the Project Management team and the need for dedicated support to one of the three main pillars of the project – Stakeholder Engagement. This is an opportunity to contribute to a project that aims to deploy an innovative technology for vector control in sub-Saharan Africa. The post will be based at Imperial College London, Silwood Park Campus.
Working closely with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, the post holder will be responsible for working with the engagement and communications teams in our 4 partner sites in Africa, and independently manage the project teams assigned to you. The post holder will be required to proactively contribute to the management of projects that exist in a dispersed, non-project orientated structure – a predominantly academic environment, while driving product-oriented deliverables. You will also be expected to deliver on key milestones from the outset.
As the Project Manager supporting multiple project teams, the post holder will provide leadership, coordination and management support to the stakeholder engagement, communications and project management teams in the Target Malaria project, working alongside our academic scientists as well as regulatory, and risk management teams. The post holder will report directly to Target Malaria’s Senior Project Manager & Network Coordinator who is responsible for the coordination of the larger virtual global project team.
A deep commitment to the mission of developing and sharing new, cost-effective and sustainable genetic technologies to modify mosquitoes and reduce malaria transmission is required.
- Responsible for managing the successful delivery of milestones associated with stakeholder engagement and communications
- Lead development of implementation and work plans, evaluating the alignment level between the team’s capacity and Target Malaria’s visions, strategy and timeline related to SE and communications working with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Support the implementation of global stakeholder engagement practices for Target Malaria in line with Project Management objectives and deliverables
- Provide project management support for the delivery of innovative and best-practice stakeholder engagement and communication project initiatives that are aligned with the project’s mission and strategic plan, taking into the context-specific needs consideration.
- Provide an expert source of advice for the project teams on project management practices relating to Stakeholder Engagement and communications, including amongst others ethical considerations and informed community consent and acceptance
- Build proactive relationships with project team members in each of the project sites, in order to provide clear leadership and direction to their local efforts and ensure consistency with the objectives and strategy of the project
- Postgraduate qualification in Public Health Policy, Social Sciences (or similar), or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, extensive training and/or experience
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience working as a project manager in a global project/institution around complex interventions in developing world countries – specifically Africa
- Considerable experience of working with a wide range of multinational partners
- Considerable experience in strategic management and leadership, and in driving the implementation of development projects and programs within a complex organisation
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, ability to translate engagement perspective and technical, scientific aspects to non-practitioners/non-expert
- Knowledge and experience of delivering scientific projects or comparable technical projects within a project management framework using initiative and judgement
- Advanced knowledge of stakeholder engagement issues and practices in a global context and an understanding of their implications for the development, implementation and evaluation of stakeholder engagement plan
- Familiarity with ethical standards for biomedical research or community informed consent processes.
- Sound and accurate IT skills (word processing, email, calendars, databases, spreadsheets, audio recordings) with clear competency working in excel, and experience in working with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite including SharePoint, Project and Visio
- Proven ability to influence and motivate multi-cultural teams in diverse geographic locations
Salary: £57,606 - £65,949 per annum
This is a full time, fixed term post until 31 January 2024.
For further information and informal enquiries please contact Dr Karen E Logan (Senior Project Manager & Network Coordinator, Target Malaria) via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 16/08/2020
If you are interested in applying for the post more details can be found on Imperial College London’s website at this URL including how to apply:
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this postion!