Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
Maximum gross monthly salary: € 4,402
Faculty of Science
Required background: PhD
Duration of the contract: 2 years with the possibility of extension
Application deadline: 21 February 2021
We are looking for
An ambitious experimental biologist to join us at the Malaria Epigenomics Group. You will contribute to ongoing projects exploring the gene regulatory mechanisms that govern the development of the malaria parasite. Your task, as a postdoctoral researcher, will primarily be to use and combine state-of-the-art omics and functional genomic approaches (e.g. ChIP-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, and quantitative proteomics) in order to gain insights into epigenetic, transcriptional or post-transcriptional mechanisms governing parasite development during and beyond intraerythrocytic stages (e.g. gametocytes or liver stages). Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to develop novel ideas and work on additional independent projects that align with this research theme.
- PhD in molecular/cellular biology or a related field.
- Experience or at least a keen interest in systems biology approaches (including RNA-, ChIP-, ATAC-seq, proteomics, or single-cell transcriptomic approaches).
- A good working knowledge of English.
- Strong analytical skills and a result-oriented attitude.
- Creative thinking and a high degree of independence.
- Experience with culturing and genetic manipulation of malaria parasites and/or experience with bioinformatic analysis of large datasets would be an advantage.
The Department of Molecular Biology at Radboud University is a leading research department that integrates state-of-the-art multi-omics technologies to uncover the molecular basis of development and differentiation in the context of health and disease. The department consists of some 60 researchers and provides a vivid and international research environment. The department also has a long-standing history in malaria research, including vaccine development, proteomics and genomics studies. Current research focuses on uncovering transcriptional and epigenetic regulatory mechanisms that govern parasite development and survival. Our extensive collaborative network provides ample opportunities for networking and joint research activities within the Netherlands and abroad.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 22,000 students and 5,000 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,402 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years with the possibility of extension.
- The intended start date is 1 May 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Would you like more information?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Richard Bartfai, Assistant Professor
Tel.: +31 24 361 0561
Please address your application to Richard Bartfai and submit it, using the application button, no later than 21 February 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
- CV including names and contact details of 2-3 referees.
The first interviews will be scheduled in week 9 and the second interviews in week 12.