The Morsani College of Medicine invites applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar of Research position to join a developing program in the biology of malaria parasites within the Liwang Cui, PhD and Jun Miao, MD, PhD laboratories. Current projects address several aspects of malaria: genomics, drug resistance, gene regulation, epigenetics and epidemiology. Projects utilize state-of-the-art technologies in genomics, proteomics and genetic engineering with the CRISPR/Cas9. The laboratories are integrated within a global research center in public health. Faculty mentors are committed to the career development of trainees. Postdoctoral Fellows of outstanding caliber, who are self-motivated and independently driven, would be joining a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary training environment.
Salary will be at or above the published guidelines of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with travel support available to attend national and international meetings. A multi-year commitment to the training is expected.
- RESEARCH: To participate in the collaborative development of a translational research program in malaria functional genomics and o conduct scientific experiments; should be able to perform above listed procedures and analyze data with a high degree of independence; scientific presentation at national and international meetings; and application of new experimental techniques and strategies.
- OTHER: Other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution in molecular biology, computational biology, or other related discipline.
- At least three years of relevant research experience and possess strong molecular laboratory techniques.
- Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Molecular biology experience working with malaria parasites.
- Experience in gene expression analysis including RNA-seq, epigenetics/epigenomics and bioinformatics.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Posting End Date: 02/28/2020
Applications should be submitted on line at: USF Careers (http://www.usf.edu/about-usf/work-at-usf.aspx) to Job ID# 24379 and include a single PDF that includes a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research plan and the names and contact information of three references.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position!