MESA is seeking an officer to lead our analytical work
Position: MESA Technical Officer
Location: ISGlobal, Barcelona
Reports to: MESA Coordinator
Duration: 4 years
Starting date: November 2021
The Malaria Eradication Scientific Alliance (MESA) is an inclusive and collaborative consortium of malaria research, policy, and implementation partners dedicated to advancing the science of malaria. First launched in 2012 with the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), MESA is based on the concept that an optimized, funded, and evolving malaria research agenda is critical for defeating malaria and eventually, global eradication. The MESA Secretariat is based at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal).
What we are looking for
MESA is seeking a MESA officer to lead our analytical work. This person should have a methodological approach to their work, strong analytical skills and be able to manage large data sets. This person needs to be able to synthesize and report the findings of their work internally and to external partners. This person should be able to work independently and in a team.
- Data analysis:
- Conduct in-depth analyses on specific topics (i.e., MESA Track Deep Dives, literature and desk reviews, landscape mappings, policy reviews, etc.) as required by strategic priorities
- Identify thematic areas that could benefit from a Deep Dive exercise
- Systematically enter and update thematic areas or portfolios of the MESA Track database according to priorities
- Train others in supporting this work
- Present MESA’s findings to the Partners or specialized Fora
- Supporting Partnerships
- Together with the MESA Coordinator, the MESA Officer will strengthen relationships with partners, and institutions via identifying and working with their focal points in MESA Track and analytical work.
- Lead planning, prioritization and onboarding of new partner groups for access to the system and sustain a self-driven effort for updating their projects and content
- Provide content generation and update of other components of the MESA website such as the Resource Hub or the Opportunities page
- Inputs to the MESA newsletter
- Promote topics for discussions and disseminate findings with different societies such as ASTMH, ECTMIH, PAMCA, MIM
- Support the development of the MESA Webinar series
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project by developing materials, reports, etc. as needed
- Masters degree in in global health/public health/tropical medicine or related topics
- Knowledge of malaria;
- Experience in entering data into content management systems;
- Methodological approach to work and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent presentation skills and scientific writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work systematically and meet deadlines
- Able to work well with a team, providing support to teammates as needed
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: TO_MESA_Jun21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until July 29th 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.