Project: Broad One Health Endectocide-based Malaria Intervention in Africa (BOHEMIA)
Deadline for applications: August 31st, 2019
Reports to: BOHEMIA project co-principal investigator (Co-PI)
The Manhiça Health Research Centre (CISM), established in 1996 and represented by the Fundação Manhiça, a legal Mozambican entity established in 2008, aims at conducting and promoting health research in national priority health areas to safeguard the health of the most vulnerable populations.
CISM is looking for a site Study Clinician for the BOHEMIA clinical trial, to be conducted in Mopeia, Mozambique. The project will be conducted over a total of four years, with the clinical trial active for 2 sequential years during the peak malaria season. The overall goal is to advance the development of a complementary vector control strategy to reduce malaria transmission.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Serves as the study clinician for the BOHEMIA clinical trial
- Maintain strict confidentiality of participants, employees and company information at all times
- Assist the Co-PI with the development of site and trial specific documents including but not limited to ICFs, source templates, recruitment plans, trial visit and participant dosing plans
- Familiar with the protocol, case report form, informed consent, source documentation, patient diary (when applicable), study medication(s) and SOPs for the clinical trial
- Work with the Co-PI to maintain high quality and participant safety
- Ensure participant recruitment, screening and enrolment activities are conducted according to the study protocol, ICH-GCP guidelines, local regulations and requirements and SOPs and per tasks delegated by the site PI
- Perform clinical procedures and assessments as required by the trial protocol and tasks delegated by the Co- PI
- Dispense investigational product and instruct participants on usage and potential drug interactions as required and per tasks delegated by the Co- PI
- Identify trial participants hospitalised during the trial safety observation period and provide medical (ward rounds and/or direct treatment) and documentation follow up to the the Co- PI
- Identify trial participants referred from the district hospital to regional hospitals and provide documentation follow up to the Co- PI
- Identify trial participants presenting at the district hospital outpatients department and provide documentation follow up to the Co- PI
- Complete all documentation, paper and electronic in a timely manner as required per protocol to ensure data integrity and per tasks delegated by the Co- PI
- Attend all monitoring debrief meetings
- Risk and/or issues identification and escalation to the Co- PI and CISM
- Participate in clinical trial meetings with the site, community, CISM, Sponsor and others as required
- MD degree and current licence to practice
- Knowledge of and experience in the Mozambique healthcare system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word) and Web applications
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Fluent Portuguese – written and spoken
- Basic/intermediate written and spoken English (must submit examples of written work)
- Willingness to live in Mopeia for the duration of the trial
Required personal and interpersonal skills
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic
- Results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Accustomed to teamwork and willingness to contribute to elements outside the clinical trial scope
- Ability to work independently where necessary
- Previous experience with malaria clinical trials and/or research studies
- Dispensing licence (purely as backup to pharmacist)
- Knowledge of spoken local language
This position may require local and international travel for Institution, Sponsor and Funder led meetings.
Compensation for this position will be based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. This position starts immediately.
Closing date for applications: August, 31st of 2019.
Please send a CV and a cover letter referring to Study-Clinician-BOHEMIA to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position!