Episode XVII: Wednesday, March 10th 2021; starting 3pm East African Time
Ifakara MasterClasses in Public Health & Medical Entomology
Hosted by Fredros Okumu (Ifakara Health Institute & Sheila Ogoma (CHAI)
- Estimating malaria transmission, infection & disease
- Entomological indicators of intervention impact
- Vectorial capacity (C) & the Reproductive numbers (R0 &Rc)
- The Law of the Vital Few (the 80/20 rule): what would Dr. V. Pareto say?
- Mapping and targeting malaria hotspots and residual transmission
- Optimal combinations and deployment of interventions
- Human movements & Malaria transmission
- The surprisingly stable states of malaria elimination (the stickiness of elimination)
- Capacity building, personal experiences and mentorship
- Alternative options for getting to zero malaria in Africa
- Plus those elegant malaria equations (Anopheles mathematica)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.