Dear Sir or Madam
The Pan African Mosquito Control Association (PAMCA) is a professional body comprised of mosquito control and research professionals from Africa and beyond. The overall objective of the organization is to promote control of and research on mosquitoes and to disseminate information on the bionomics of mosquitoes and related subjects across Africa and worldwide. PAMCA is organising its first Annual Conference in Nairobi from 6 to 8 October 2014 at Panari Hotel.
In the context of this conference, a Symposium on the Efficacy, Benefits and Challenges of DDT Alternatives in Malaria Vector Control is organised on 7 October 2014.
The organisers, Biovision Foundation in collaboration with PAMCA, call for scientific abstracts to be submitted by Monday, 18th August 2014.
The overall goal of the Symposium is:
- To collect, analyse and document the evidence from scientific findings on the efficacy and capacity of alternatives to DDT in malaria vector control.
- To discuss the opportunities and challenges to upscale and integrate methods and approaches of alternatives to DDT into national vector control policies.
- To sensitize policy-makers, representatives of international organizations, donors and other key stakeholders for the opportunities and the capacity of alternatives to DDT.
Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com (Ms. Stefanie Keller, Project Coordinator, Biovision Foundation) by Monday, 18th August 2014.
Abstracts should contribute to one or more of the thematic issues below:
- Evidence of proven safe, effective and affordable alternatives to DDT in specific settings (in Africa and beyond).
- Advantages, benefits and challenges of alternatives compared to DDT used in malaria vector control.
- National/local case studies of upscaling POPS-free methods, approaches and policies to combat malaria.
- Case studies and experiences of integrating methods and approaches of alternatives to DDT into national vector control policies.
More information on the Conference and guidelines for the abstract submission can be found on: http://events.pamca.org/.
We are very much looking forward receiving many interesting submissions.
Biovision Stiftung für ökologische Entwicklung
Schaffhauserstr. 18, 8006 Zurich/Switzerland
Tel. +41 44 500 49 83, Fax. +41 44 500 45 24, www.biovision.ch