Organisation: Malaria Consortium
Location: London, UK
Malaria Consortium is looking for an inspirational leader who can drive our technical strategy and quality of delivery as we respond to the new challenges and opportunities of the emerging epidemiological, entomological, political and funding environment.
Based in London, the Technical Director has global responsibilities for directing the technical strategy across all Malaria Consortium's offices and programmes in Africa and Asia and to lead the technical team in areas of expertise. An experienced international director in communicable disease control, especially malaria, the Technical Director is responsible for the technical oversight of Malaria Consortium programme and activities worldwide and for the quality of the technical input into all Malaria Consortium work. The Technical Director will chair the Senior Technical Team and will sit as a member of the Global Management Group (GMG).
The successful candidate will have:
- Substantial and extensive experience in public health with a focus on infectious disease control
- A medical qualification or a PhD in a scientific area relevant to Malaria Consortium’s mission
- Senior leadership experience in an international NGO, academic institution, multilateral agency or relevant private sector business
- Strong experience in mentoring senior, high-calibre technical staff
- Demonstrable experience of representation at government-agency level on behalf of an organisation
- Significant experience of writing/reviewing proposals targeted at major government aid agencies and foundations
- Able to think strategically and transfer that thinking into practical implications
- Able to develop and present evidence-based arguments and impact/influence others
- Able to derive trends from potentially complex analytics
- Highly capable communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent verbal and written English
To view the candidate information pack including the full job description please click here to visit our career site.
DON'T FORGET TO MENTION MALARIAWORLD WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION!