Target Malaria Uganda is seeking a stakeholder engagement manager to join its team.
Stakeholder engagement is one of the three pillars of this project, together with regulatory affairs and scientific research. This position will be responsible for delivering the strategic vision for stakeholder engagement, directing stakeholder engagement in-country, and providing support to the stakeholder engagement team and the communication officer.
Overseeing the stakeholder engagement team in Uganda, you will be responsible for the development and management of the stakeholder engagement model of Target Malaria in Uganda throughout its different development phases. You will ensure that this model is appropriate and acceptable as the project evolves and aligned with the project overall engagement model.
This position will take part in the leadership team of the project in Uganda and to the overall project coordination in particular on engagement issues. As such, it requires high work ethics and leadership skills.
A deep commitment to the mission of developing and sharing new, cost-effective and sustainable genetic technologies to modify mosquitoes and reduce malaria transmission is required.
Duties and responsibilities
This role will involve leading the Uganda stakeholder engagement team and the communication officer in three main aspects:
- Develop, maintain and execute a highly-detailed operational engagement plan including regulatory and key stakeholders, liaising with key team members as required to ensure all requirements of the project are taken into account.
- Provide support function for in-country engagement at the field sites and around the research facility, responsible for the strategic support to the different engagement levels in country and ensuring consistent delivery and alignment with the strategy and model.
- Co-oversee/coordinate the communication function, which covers two different aspects: support to stakeholder engagement with appropriate tools and the more general reputation management, including media engagement strategy.
As such, you will be responsible for oversight of the overall stakeholder engagement activities at all levels (national, field sites and around the research facility). You will also be responsible for ensuring alignment between the different levels, overall strategy, internal policy, and is part of the in country senior leadership team.
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- Postgraduate qualification in International Development, Policy, Social Sciences (or similar), or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, extensive training and/or experience
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing stakeholder engagement programmes
- Expertise in working with global project/institutions around complex interventions in developing countries
- Extensive experience of management of teams
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a positive and supportive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a team, with colleagues, external consultants, and multiple stakeholders within complex management matrices in different geographical locations
- Proven cross-cultural awareness skills in a global context, including in an African context
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas in particular in Europe and Africa
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All applications must be in English and include a Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter explaining why this position is attractive and why your profile fits, and three references.
Interested candidates should submit their applications marked: “Stakeholder Engagement Manager- Target Malaria” to:
Uganda Virus Research Institute
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Vacancy is Open to Nationals of Uganda.
Closing date for applications is 27th July 2020.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position!