To be considered, you must be eligible to work for an indefinite period of time in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Position ID: FY2011-84.IDG
Salary: Competitive. Commensurate with experience
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC
Location: Bethesda, Maryland (HQ), USA
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
University Research Co., LL (URC) is a global company that works to improve the quality of health care, education and social services in the U.S. and around the world. We provide technical assistance and field research to strengthen health systems and service quality by empowering health workers to find and expand proven and locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Currently, our work spans over 30 countries. Our work includes health systems strengthening, quality improvement and a focus on addressing infectious diseases, particularly HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
URC has expertise in helping create environments where communities, health providers, educators, managers, and stakeholders can make lasting and positive changes in people’s lives. Current key clients include the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Global Fund, the Gates Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education (ED), the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and National Institutes of Health (NIH).
This position provides support to a growing international Malaria portfolio as well as addresses lessons learned in other infectious disease areas. Working with senior program managers, the Senior Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership and support to URC’s infectious disease programs, with particular emphasis on malaria.
The advisor will help URC improve the design and implementation of existing programs and further expand its portfolio in this area. The position comprises a combination of technical assistance and managerial project support, development of methods and tools, and new business development.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director or SVP of IDG, the Senior Technical Advisor will:
- Support field programs to plan, implement, evaluate and report on malaria prevention and control activities that align with donor agency priorities and the country-level National Malaria Control Programs.
- Provide leadership for the development of a comprehensive malaria prevention and control strategy for URC that supports existing URC programs, disseminate lessons learned, and develop new initiatives.
- Address key issues related to infectious disease programs in relation to health systems improvement, better use of diagnostics, community engagement, scale-up and sustainability of interventions.
- Write, present and disseminate malaria and infectious disease lessons, methods and results on behalf of URC (international conferences, briefings with senior management and/or client, etc.).
- Provide leadership to a business development plan for URC’s engagement in malaria, infectious diseases, and other related programs, including with donors and private sector.
NOTE: To be considered, you must be eligible to work for an indefinite period of time in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in malaria and other related public health programs in developing countries, including Africa.
- Advanced degree in public health, social science, marketing and/or clinical training (MPH, MHS, MD, MSN, PhD, or DrPH, etc).
- Language fluency in English and a second development language strongly preferred, preferably French
- Excellent conceptualization, facilitation and planning skills.
- Outstanding professional reputation and strong demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other technical leaders, international agencies, host country governments and local organizations.
- Working knowledge of USAID or other donor of infectious disease programs.
- Ability and willingness to travel to developing countries at least 30 percent throughout the year.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at urc-chs.com (http://www.urc-chs.com/careers/career.htm) and submit your application online by clicking on this link below:
Please cut and paste your cover letter in the “Application Notes” section and upload your CV where indicated. Or, combine your cover letter and CV into one document and upload into the online system, as instructed.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates clearly meeting the requirements for this position will be contacted. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our consultant database against other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you.
URC is an E-Verify Employer.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when appying for this postion.