PSI is a leading global health organization with programs in 67 countries targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms for sustained impact; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and staff empowerment at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
PSI Zimbabwe is a registered Trust working hand-in-hand in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and a network of local implementing partners. PSI/Zimbabwe is a complex platform implementing programs in HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support; Sexual and Reproductive Health; Malaria Prevention and Control, and Child Survival. With historical funding from the US President’s Malaria Initiative and from the Global Fund, PSI contributes to national malaria prevention and control strategies and targets by implementing routine and campaign distribution of Long-lasting Insecticide Treated Nets, health worker capacity building in malaria case management, and behavior change communications to improve prevention and treatment of malaria. PSI/Zimbabwe also supports the National Malaria Control Program to generate and use quantitative evidence for programmatic decision-making, including the national Malaria Indicator Survey and surveillance. PSI Zimbabwe believes in achieving outstanding results through attracting, nurturing and retaining the best talent. Over the years the organization has built a team of highly competent staff, comprised of over 450 Zimbabweans with up to three expatriates.
The Sr. Malaria Technical Advisor provides technical oversight to high quality malaria prevention and treatment activities. S/he leads technical capacity building of staff, partners and key stakeholders in malaria prevention and treatment, including facilitating planning, implementation, management, analysis, interpretation and publication of research studies and routine program data for programmatic decision-making. Based on evidence, s/he acts as a catalyst to mobilize key stakeholders around key intervention policies, approaches and indicators and influences the technical design, direction and targeting of malaria prevention and treatment activities based on community-level surveillance. S/he will liaise with regional and global malaria experts in malaria case management, vector control, monitoring and evaluation and research and ensure programmatic standards in line with global best practice and evidence. Preference will be given to Zimbabwean national or regional candidates with experience designing and implementing programs in similar settings.
- Provide substantial in-person technical assistance to strengthen National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) structures and staff at all levels.
- Lead technical capacity building efforts at all levels, including strengthening a network of community-based partners and leadership and coordination structures at all levels to implement high quality prevention and treatment programs.
- Support the program Chief of Party to design and implement high quality technical workplans, implementation strategies, reports and performance publications.
- Contribute high level, evidence-based technical oversight to programmatic design and implementation of malaria prevention and treatment activities.
- Represent the program and PSI/Zimbabwe in high level national and international technical bodies and fora.
- Contribute to national leadership and technical coordination bodies; acting as a catalyst within these groups to mobilize partners around key implementation policies, strategies, approaches and indicators.
- Facilitate development and implementation of research studies; supporting analysis, interpretation, dissemination and publication of studies and routine program data to inform key implementation policies, strategies, approaches and indicators. This may include and is not limited to implementation of a baseline assessment, capacity building of NMCP NIHR and partners to conduct quality therapeutic efficacy studies, and operational research.
- Contribute to highest quality national and program workplans, budgets, proposals, reports and publications based on evidence.
- Strengthen use of research and routine program data for regular programmatic decision-making including support of NMCP monitoring and strengthening of malaria surveillance.
- Stay current with global and regional trends and emerging evidence in effective malaria prevention and treatment, informing program and national strategies to maximize health impact as Zimbabwe works towards malaria pre-elimination. Represent PSI/Zimbabwe at Roll Back Malaria, WHO and other global and regional malaria fora.
- Assist with fundraising and proposal development and contribute to platform strategic planning and leadership.
- Manage any assigned direct reports, setting annual performance goals and providing routine and periodic feedback on learning and performance in the job.
- Perform any other activities as assigned by the Country Representative.
- MD, DVM, or MPH/PhD preferred, with strong background in malaria epidemiology.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and implementing integrated malaria programs internationally, preferably in Africa.
- Familiarity with Zimbabwe health system and National Malaria Control Program and strategies; knowledge of strategies for malaria pre-elimination preferred.
- Experience with key Malaria funding partners and stakeholders, including the US President’s Malaria Initiative, USAID, US CDC, Global Fund, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and coordinate partners around priority malaria intervention policies, strategies, approaches and indicators.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, implementation, data management, analysis and interpretation of research studies and routine data for programmatic decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in results dissemination and publication preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with professional proficiency.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
The successful candidate will have a natural orientation towards capacity building and provision of high level technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders. S/he will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills. S/he has a proven ability to produce results under limited supervision.
- Level 5
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org
Population Services International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/742kj6t
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position!