Primary location: United States-Maryland-Rockville
Interested in a career that focuses on positively impacting quality of life and influencing global and national policies in the developing world? Then look at ICF. Backed by 30+ years of experience and a worldwide network of development professionals, we help clients promote sustainable development and build in-country capacity in leading areas such as global health, food security, climate change, and clean energy.
Through a contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), ICF Macro, an ICF Company, implements The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) Program. The DHS Program assists developing countries to implement surveys that collect information on fertility, mortality, maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, and malaria, and also helps to conduct biomarker testing in households and in laboratories. The DHS Program employs public health and malaria experts, demographers, sampling statisticians, biomarker and laboratory experts and data processing specialists, among others. Please review The DHS Program website at http://www.dhsprogram.com to learn more about The DHS Program.
The DHS Program is seeking to fill a Senior Malaria Advisor to support the DHS malaria portfolio. The position is based in our Metro-accessible office in Rockville, MD.
The Senior Malaria Advisor will be responsible for providing thought leadership and technical guidance to The DHS Program on all aspects of the malaria portfolio including malaria biomarkers, primarily by representing The DHS Program in global malaria fora, interacting with survey staff to integrate malaria innovations in the DHS surveys, both household and facility based surveys and leading malaria data analysis and research at DHS. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership in the area of malaria to meet global and country-specific current and emerging data needs within the context of The DHS Program
- Representing The DHS Program at global malaria advisory and reference meetings
- Leading and conducting data analysis of malaria data and the development of relevant outputs; e.g. policy-relevant multi-country comparative analyses and country-specific malaria indepth studies
- Working closely with The DHS Program research team to meet joint goals and building capacity in the analysis and use of malaria data
- Strengthening collaborations with partners for research involving external data
- Providing input into monitoring, reporting, and improving malaria data quality
- PhD or a MPH with 7 or more years in Malaria, Public Health, or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of current global malaria protocols, standards and best practices
- Knowledge of malaria and health issues in low and middle income countries
- Relevant experience in survey implementation, research and analysis, and interpretation and/or in using data to identify and meet program monitoring and evaluation needs and contributing to policy in low income countries
- Excellence in research and data analysis
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques, including multivariate methods
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
Additional qualifications that would be a plus
- Field experience in implementing population surveys in developing countries
- Background in working with USAID, other bilateral donors, or international agencies
- Fluency in spoken and written French
Travel up to 20% of time to low and middle income countries mainly in Africa and Asia may be required.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position!