The Unit of Malariology focuses its research activities on malaria transmission, e.g. population genetics studies, drug resistance and mechanisms of invasion. The Unit has several collaborative projects with partners in the South such as Peru, Vietnam and Burkina Faso and is looking for a research assistant, with proven experience in molecular biology and excellent writing skills to support the running projects (including coordination of laboratory activities and student training and supervision) and identify and elaborate new research projects in collaboration with partner Institutions.
- You reinforce and support current research activities (molecular epidemiology studies) with partners in the South.
- You coordinate all aspects of molecular laboratory analysis with special focus on training and supervising students.
- You contribute to data management and data analysis.
- You assist in the development of new research lines and projects in collaboration with the partners in the South. Strong contribution to proposal writing related to joint research.
- You contribute to courses organization and educational tasks.
- You co-supervise students involved in the collaborative research projects.
- You hold a Master degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biotechnology or related topic.
- A PhD in a related topic is an advantage.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Overseas experience is desirable.
- You have excellent English writing skills and ideally, experience in writing research proposals.
- Experience in malaria research and data analysis is an asset.
- You have an interest in project coordination and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You are willing and able to travel abroad (maximum 3 weeks per trip).
- An intellectually stimulating international and socially committed research environment with room for personal initiative.
- A fulltime contract as a scientific fellow, until 31/12/2016. Starting date is as soon as possible.
- You will work at the ITM headquarters, situated in the bustling city of Antwerp.
- A salary set according to the pay scales of the ITM and the Flemish universities.
- Reimbursement of public transport costs, bicycle compensation and luncheon vouchers.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Anna Rosanas (email@example.com)
Applications with application form and motivation letter should reach us before January 31st 2016.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position!