Position: Physician Investigator
Company: Sanaria Inc.
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Sanaria Inc. is a Rockville, Maryland based biotechnology company that is dedicated to the production of an attenuated sporozoite malaria vaccine. We currently have an opening for a Physician Investigator.
The Physician Investigator will support Equatorial Guinea Malaria Vaccine Initiative (EGMVI) Stage 3 activities on site in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea for the duration of the project, approximately 4 years. The physician must be fully bilingual (written and spoken Spanish and English) and experienced in clinical research / field epidemiology. This position will be the local Sanaria project director, interact closely with onsite collaborators, partners and contractors, and assure that Sanaria’s project objectives are met. Periodic visits to other sites in Africa, especially Tanzania, where Sanaria is sponsoring research trials, to represent Sanaria’s interests in similar fashion, will be an important responsibility. This role will maintain frequent and comprehensive communication links with Sanaria Clinical personnel and report to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Liaise with EGMVI collaborators including other Sanaria staff on site to accomplish Sanaria’s research objectives.
- Assure adherence to Good Clinical Practices by all clinical research activities and personnel, with an emphasis on research volunteer safety.
- Assure the integrity of all clinical data.
- Carry out work plans / project activities, and maintain project timelines.
- Support local protocol development, protocol approvals and clinical trial execution, including on-site monitoring and quality control.
- Communicate regularly and frequently with Sanaria clinical staff.
- Author written project reports and other documents.
- Serve an ambassadorial function, promoting excellent collaborative relationships with partners and host nationals.
- Attend meetings of the International PfSPZ Consortium and other meetings, as tasked.
- Conduct at least yearly visits to Sanaria’s contracted Occupational Health physician.
- Doctor of Medicine degree and post-graduate medical training.
- Licensure to practice medicine in home country.
- 5+ years of clinical research / field epidemiology experience, ideally in the setting of international partnerships.
- Good clinical practices certification.
- Basic and advanced cardiac life support certification.
- English and Spanish language fluency.
- Ability to speak French
- Board certification in a primary care specialty (e.g. internal medicine, pediatrics, family medicine)
- Infectious diseases fellowship training
The incumbent will be housed in Equatorial Guinea and provided transportation and security according to the standards of our administrative partner Medical Care Development International (MCDI). MCDI maintains American and other foreign national staff full time in Malabo with security and health established as high priorities. Quality office space will be provided that is co-located with colleagues and collaborators to assure a congenial professional environment. Environmental hazards include potential exposure to human blood and to local disease hazards including identified and unidentified transmissible agents. Living in Equatorial Guinea may involve capricious events including police stops, local disturbances, inclement weather and travel hazards.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send cover letter, resume and salary history indicating Physician Investigator in the subject line to: email@example.com. For more information, please visit www.sanaria.com.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
Sanaria Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
No recruiters please.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position.