Organisation: In2Care BV, The Netherlands
Job: Operations and Logistics Manager
Location: Bouake, Ivory Coast
Start date: January 2016
Type of Contract: Temporary position (1 year; possibly 18 months)
Reports to: Local Principal Investigator (Ivory Coast) and Project co-PI in The Netherlands
Works with: In2Care’s Field Operations Manager
Deadline: 24 December 2015
With Penn State University as the lead institution, In2Care was awarded a multimillion-dollar grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in November 2015. In the coming three years, a large-scale trial will be executed in Ivory Coast to assess the impact of a new intervention (‘eave tubes’) on malaria in a so-called Phase III randomised controlled trial. In2Care has the responsibility to undertake the intervention rollout in Central Ivory Coast and is looking for an Operations/Logistics manager to be based in Bouake to strengthen the project team and work closely together with In2Care’s Field Operations Manager. This is an exciting position in an international project for a motivated person who, through extensive experience in this field, can ensure successful project implementation.
Direct, manage and coordinate logistics and field operations related to a Phase III randomised controlled trial in which up to 6000 houses in Central Ivory Coast need to be rendered mosquito proof and have so-called ‘eave tubes’ installed as a means to measure the epidemiological impact of this intervention on malaria.
• Responsible for overseeing the intervention management process in a conscientious and precise manner, and report on progress towards pre-defined goals to management.
• Develop methods and procedures for scheduling of raw materials from suppliers to support field operations and minimise cost impacts.
• Develop and maintain sufficient inventory to ensure uninterrupted field activities including order entry, production and availability of ‘eave tube inserts’, product quality assurance and community outreach activities.
• Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and In2Care’s budget for field activities.
• Ensure that activities are in compliance with laws and regulations of the host country regarding field trials involving human subjects, including the use of hazardous materials (insecticides).
• Resolve, in collaboration with the Local PI any issues pertaining to delays in project execution and seek ways to resolve these appropriately
• Safeguard execution of field operations by establishing and monitoring established procedures and protocols.
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the project tram to ensure set targets are met.
• Oversee the planned maintenance of project equipment and transport.
• Participate in project meetings and report on progress therein.
• Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Proficient in standard business office software.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in written and verbal French and English.
• Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion.
• Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff.
• Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanour.
• Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups
• Able to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets
Education and experience
• Significant experience in managing complex projects, preferably with a degree in logistics/operations management.
• Significant (5+ yrs) experience in project management in Francophone West Africa.
• Knowledge on malaria and/or experience in managing and executing large-scale public health campaigns are considered an asset.
Negotiable and depending on experience and availability.
CV and cover letter with salary history and requirements can be emailed to: email@example.com
Deadline: 24 December 2015.
A downloadable version of this advertisement is attached.
Please don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for these positions