Organisation: Malaria Consortium
Location: Kampala, Uganda or London, UK
Closing date: 4 April 2014
Malaria Consortium is bidding on a new four year DFID £4.2 programme for the collation of malaria data and relevant indicators in Africa.
Malaria Consortium is looking to select, and if successful in securing this contract, recruit, a Multi Country Project Coordinator, Regional Malaria Programme, who will be based in the Africa Regional Office in Kampala, Uganda or the Head Office in London, UK.
The Multi Country Project Coordinator, Regional Malaria Programme, will combine technical and project management skills and expertise in facilitating relations between multiple stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate and/or doctoral degree in international health, epidemiology or related discipline
- International experience in public health, preferably on malaria in Africa
- Proven leadership and team leading skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage partnerships
- Experience in project and financial management
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Technical knowledge and skills in malaria control
- Knowledge with public health principles, including epidemiology
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation of malaria control programmes
- Understanding of Value for Money principals
This role will be offered as a three years contract with opportunity for two-year extension. The role involves up to 40% international travel.
How to apply
For more information please visit our website www.malariaconsortium.org where you will have access to the full job description. Please send your CV, with a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and your current salary information, to Human Resources at HR.Recruitment@malariaconsortium.org
Malaria Consortium thanks you for your application. However, due to the volume of applications we receive, only short listed candidates will be contacted within three weeks of the closing date.
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when applying for this position.