NIPER has adopted open (rolling) application system for recruitment of faculty. The candidates may submit their applications on prescribed form along with prescribed fee.
The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER) is an Institute of National importance established by an Act of Parliament under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India. The Institute is situated at S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali), Punjab adjoining Chandigarh the City Beautiful. The main thrust areas of research is Tuberculosis, Malaria, Leishmaniasis and Diabetes.
The Institute has excellent facilities for advanced education and research in pharmaceutical sciences and technology and is looking for faculty of high calibre and potential, willing to face the challenge of building this Institute into a center of excellence. The focus is on master’s, doctoral and postdoctoral programmes.
The Institute has openings for the position of Assistant Professors in Pay band PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100 Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8000/-. The initial pay in pay band is Rs. 30,000 plus AGP of Rs. 8000/- Application should be accompanied with non-refundable fee of Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- in case of SC/ST/PH) in shape of Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘Director NIPER’ payable at Mohali/Chandigarh.
Application duly filled in prescribed form should be sent to Director, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Sector 67, SAS Nagar (Mohali) Punjab – 160 062.
Essential qualifications, experience & age:
Assistant Professor: Ph. D with 1st class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least five years of teaching/ research/industrial experience with published work of high quality. Age Limit is 45 years.
1. Pharmacy Practice/Clinical Research
a. Candidates should have wide experience in teaching, preferably in clinical pharmacy/pharmacology, hospital pharmacy, pharmacy practice and work experience in the areas in clinical and hospital pharmacy. The candidate should be able to contribute to the development of a strong centre in teaching and research in Pharmacy practice.
b. Candidates should have good experience in the conduct of clinical trials, preferably in an industrial setting. The candidate should be able to lead the development of strong Centre in teaching and research in clinical fields with demonstrated experience in the conduct of clinical trials; experience in teaching/training/research will be an added advantage.
2. Pharmacokinetics, Bioavailability, Bioequivalence Deep understanding of various pharmacokinetic principles, pharmacokinetic characterization of drugs and drug delivery systems, bioavailability/bioequivalence testing and improvement in bioavailability using modern biopharmaceutical and drug delivery technologies. Candidates having industrial experience will be preferred.
3. Pharmaceutical Formulation development Sound knowledge of concepts of physical pharmacy, preformulation and formulation development. Experience in the area of formulation development of conventional and novel drug delivery systems, processing, scale up and manufacturing technology.
4. Pharmaceutical Analysis: Sound knowledge in Quality control and Quality assurance Principles in Industry. Familiarity with GMP, GLP, ICH and FDA regulations with experience in Bioanalysis, Drug metabolism and early Pharmacokinetic studies.
5. Process Chemistry: Strong background in design and synthesis of new organic molecules for various therapeutics areas. The candidate should be conversant with scale up concepts of organic synthesis; experience in teaching/training/research will be an added advantage.
The faculty of NIPER shall be entitled to Dearness Allowance, Medical Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, LTC and other allowances and loans as applicable in I.I.Ts. In addition, the faculty of the Institute shall be given the following special allowances to help them in their professional development.
Membership of professional societies/procurement of journals:
Every faculty member shall get 50% subsidy on the cost of membership or of the journals up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year.
Every faculty member shall get a book allowance upto maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year. The books shall ultimately form a part of the Institute’s Library accession.
Contract research & consultancy:
The Institute encourages the faculty members to undertake consultancy work or work on sponsored projects.
1. Applications from prospective candidates are accepted throughout the year. Based on the qualifications and need of the department concerned, the applications shall be processed at regular intervals.
2. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview.
3. Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
4. Reservation policy will be followed as per Government of India rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates are required to attach valid category certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India.
5. The process of selection may include presentation/seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
6. Separate application along with separate requisite fee is required to be submitted for each post.
7. Envelope containing the application form must be super scribed ‘Application for the post of Assistant Professor (Rolling Advertisement)’.
8. Applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous organizations must send their application ‘Through proper channel’.
9. The age of Superannuation will be as per UGC norms.
10. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview.
11. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
12. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
13. All appointments are contractual in nature for a period of five (05) years which can be renewed depending upon performance and mutual consent. However, except for the consequences of being on contract, the position filled on contract shall accrue all the benefits of permanency.
14. Incomplete advertisements or without relevant supporting enclosures (self attested copies of degree/certificates/marks sheets/experience certificate, reprint of important publications, etc.) will be out-rightly rejected.
NOTE: The above mentioned posts shall be filled up on urgent basis
To apply click here
Don't forget to mention MalariaWorld when you apply for this job