Family Health International (FHI) is dedicated to improving lives, knowledge, and understanding worldwide through a highly diversified program of research, education, and services in family health and HIV/AIDS prevention and care.
The following positions are based in Nigeria and knowledge of Nigerian Health context is preferred.
1. Project Director
- Responsibility for the strategic direction, and technical leadership to produce program results, and overall management of the operational, financial and administrative aspects of the project.
- Work with key partners to promote awareness and provide support for rapid scale-up of proven malaria control efforts.
- Demonstrated leadership in the malaria field, to include developmentand implementation of malaria prevention and treatment programs;
- Technical and management skills;
- Experience developing a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster effective working relationships with USAID, other donors, ministry officials, state and local governments, donor-funded implementers;
- Knowledge in overall supervision of training and capacity building programs;
- Ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams; Analytical, writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- BS/BA in public health, epidemiology, health administration, or related field and 13-15 years rel exp; or MS/MA in public health, epidemiology, health administration, or related field and 11-13 years rel exp; or PhD/MD and 9-11 years rel exp.
- Exp must be with international development programs with 5-7 years supervisory exp. Min ten yrs exp working in public health in developing countries in Africa, experience in Nigeria preferred.
Interested candidates may register online through FHI's Global Career Center at http://www.fhi.org/en/AboutFHI/Employment/index.htm or through the International Employment section at www.fhi.org.