Date: 23-27 September 2012
Location: Royal Tulip, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Deadline for early bird registration: 31 May 2012
Deadline for abstracts: 15 March 2012
Welcome to Rio de Janeiro, on 23 to 27 September 2012, to attend the XVIII International Congress for Tropical Medicine and Malaria and XLVIII Congress of the Brazilian Society for Tropical Medicine and discuss the “Neglected Tropical Diseases: A new challenge for the XXI Century”, theme of the Congress.
José Rodrigues Coura, President of the Congress
Cláudio Tadeu Daniel-Ribeiro, President of the Scientific Committee
Some of the topics discussed at this conference are:
• Malaria as an international public health problem: epidemiology and control.
• Perspectives for malaria elimination in South America
• Severe vivax malaria
• Cerebral malaria
• Malaria associated with severe anemia
• Experimental models for a) testing drugs and vaccines and b) studying immunopathology
• Antigenic diversity and genetic polymorphism of Plasmodium.
• Assymptomatic Plasmodium Infection: parasitological and immunological considerations.
• Resistance of Plasmodium to anti-malarials.
• Information and other strategies for malaria prevention
• Use of insecticide impregnated bednets in Africa and South America and impact on malaria morbidity and control
• Perspectives for the development of a vaccine against malaria.
• Pregnancy and malaria
• Rapid tests and other new technologies and approaches for malaria diagnosis.
Official website: http://ictmm2012.ioc.fiocruz.br
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org